Facing the Cold Hard Truth for Enough Growth
While supporters of the Occupy Wall Street movement complain of excess spending and compensation packages of corporations and banks I have been wondering what is Enough? Part of question comes from trying to figure out how to protect my business and myself from the financial Aftershock. To answer this I have to continually be ok with facing the Cold Hard Truth about my particular situation and the economy. To succeed I have to come to Common Purposes with my fiancée, my family, our clients and my staff.
All of these are books I recently read that have given valuable insight into how prevent personal and business financial crises, grow my business and lead into the next few years. Does my business need to grow to become a large organization like some big box gyms with twenty or more locations? No, but a business does need to grow, evolve and remain profitable as the markets, society and environments change. This growth needs to be done at manageable so that the owner and staff stay sane and don’t have their own meltdowns.
Achieving Common Purpose
Facing the Cold Hard Truth
Last year I hired a couple of new Kinesiologists with idea of floating the hourly rate with the current session fees that my other Kinesiologist was booking until the new hires were fully booked. That all crashed when the original employee quit less than a month later taking much of that business with them. Action should have been taken a lot sooner to right this situation because it put Lifemoves in a financial hole that we dug out of, but it was an arduous and long task.
Figuring Out What is Enough?
- Enough is being a market leader in several municipalities.
- Enough is being able to pay our accounts receivable on time.
- Enough is being to able people full-time in a career which they are passionate about and in a company that they are thrilled to work for.
- Enough is being able to provide appropriate benefits for our employees so that they are taken care of.
- Enough is having zero commercial credit card debt – business and personal
- Enough is having a flexible work schedule to enjoy recreational pursuits when I desire
- Enough is being and to contribute more to my community
- Enough is have $1.00 more than I need.
- Enough is feeling like my family and I are financially secure and will be secure as we age.
- Enough is having loving, trusting, mutually supportive and meaningful relationships.
Please share what enough and the cold hard truth means to you? How are you going to protect your business and yourself from the financial meltdown?